Monday 14 September 2009

My Baby is 18 Today



My baby is 18 today.
Samuel James was born at 9.15am on Saturday Sept 14th 1991.








The day before was my husband's 26th birthday.
I remember taking the dog for a walk and looking down at my swollen stomach and thinking "How am I going to love this baby as much as I love this dog?"
I soon found out.
This photo was taken when Sam was 10 weeks old and here is the little outfit I just couldn't bear to thrown out even when it no longer fitted him.
I was on maternity leave and although we didn't have much spare cash I booked a photographer to come to our home and take some pictures so I could send them out to family and friends at Christmas.
After the photograph was taken I remember taking him out for a walk - it was a beautiful Autumn day.
There have been lots of walks and 18 Autumns since.
But where did they go?
Life has hurled a few low ballers at us during that time and I would willingly trade a few of those bad times.
But what I wouldn't swap is becoming a mum at 25.
Incidentally, this weekend we heard some other good news.
Dave, who was best man at our wedding and is Sam's godfather, became a father for the very first time on Saturday when his partner gave birth to Maria Jane.


Today I wore...
Grey Dress - Next
Shoes - Clarks

13 comments:

  1. Jane..
    Where does the time go?
    Next month I are preregistering my son for college. whew..I dont think I am ready.

    Happy birthday to your son! Many blessings to you and your family on this wonderful milestone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much for the comments on my blog:)

    I didn't notice those shoes- they're really cute! As you know already, I love that dress and it's versatiliy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to your son, hope you all have a wonderful time celebrating!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a beautiful post....Happy Birthday to your son. God Bless you and your family:) You look so radiant too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to Sam! Doesn't time fly, as I write this I remember you leaving me a comment when my daughters 18th Party took place back in June and now its Autumn and next week another one of mine will be 17 and next year the eldest will be 21! The hardest thing was when the eldest was 20 as I felt weird that she was no longer a teenager! Its lovely to see them grow up, but I hate the fact we have to get old too! Enjoy the celebrations! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so sweet! Happy birthday to your son!!! And the onesie is tooo cute :)

    I love your outfit here!!!! The dress and shoes are so perfect!

    clothedmuch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday to you son! They are becoming so independent now. It's bitter sweet huh? such a precious picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! happy 18th birthday to your son! all grown up hey?
    Looove those grey shoes btw. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday to your son Sam. How sweet that you kept his little outfit.

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG! Happy 18th Birthday to your SON!!!
    WOW! How wonderful to save his onesie and just look at how he's grown into a FINE YOUNG MAN!!!:)
    p.s. I luv YOUR dress it's solely pretty and feminine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday to your lovely boy or rather a man today! Wish him (and you)all the luck and happiness in this world! Ciao. A.
    PS My internet connection is still dodgy so I cannot comment very often

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy birthday to your little (or big, whichever you prefer) man! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a cute baby!!!
    and your dress is tres lovely

    ReplyDelete

First 24 Hours in India

  Ten years after qualifying as a yoga teacher I finally realised a dream - to travel to the birthplace of yoga. I have been planning this t...