Tuesday 10 November 2009

The Flat Shoe Shuffle


The other not so good news about my poorly hip is that my therapist says I must wear flat shoes wherever possible - ideally trainers.
No!
Trainers are for working out.
End of.
And at 5ft and half an inch I need all the help I can get.
However, I have decided I will make the most of the cooler weather and spend the next few weeks in boots and bring out my favourite flats.
It will make dressing a challenge - how to fit an outfit around flat shoes.
But - I love a challenge.
Today I went to the gym first thing.
And yes I wore my trainers.
But for the rest of the day I am working from home before collecting the kids and transporting them to their various football training and Cub Scout sessions.
Before I go I'd like to say thanks to Biba from Angels and Blossoms in Slovenia for graciously giving me an award.
I will not nominate any more blogs as everyone on my Blog Roll has earned thier place and to me they are all award-winning.
I wore:
Shoes - Clarks
Tights and T-Shirt - Marks and Spencer
Striped Rollneck - Primark
Skirt - Dorothy Perkins

12 comments:

  1. Ah, flat shoes. I too need to wear them but for different reasons. They do limit outfits I think, especially in winter months. In nice weather sandals of various sorts help the look.

    Meanwhile, hope your new routine gets you feeling fit.

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw bummer, Jane- for what its worth, you look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the reds in this outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh no! flats!! I love flats, actually, almost as much as heels- there are so many beautiful flats out there. But I def get the height thing, because to be MY short height you would have to wear a 3 1/3 inch heel! I guess save it for once a week? Or it that too much? I'm sure you have pants and skirts JUST for heels, which DEF limits your wardrobe! I'm sorry about the medical issues... >< hope things get much better and you can wear heels again...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jane, Glad that you're getting better. I don't liek heels but I'm rather short as well, so I've found a good compromise, ie. elegant trainers with higher heels, see Geox shoes, comfortable but stylish, you can even wear them with skirts. Prada and Hogan are more pricey alternatives. Love the red shoes you've got on in the picture. Ciao. A.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your red pantyhose and that big ole necklace! hope your hip improves quickly. i am sure you will be able to create numerous outfits with flats and boots! and they will be fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there-you look great in red tights and shoes, I'd love to find the perfect pair of red shoes!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always thought you are tall... which means you dress really well. You always look so tall in your outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Red is always a good color for you! Enjoy the flat shoe challenge... if anyone can make it look good for an extended period, you can!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look great in red! I've been rocking the almost-flat shoe on my trip, as well. I have to say, I've been comfortable! I'm sure you can say the same! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is an incredibly cute outfit. Love the shoes (even though they're flats they still look great!) and the two shirts are a great color-combo.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for this post it has very useful information.This article contain some meaningful information.please keep posting like this with this useful information .
    dsi r4

    ReplyDelete

First 24 Hours in India

  Ten years after qualifying as a yoga teacher I finally realised a dream - to travel to the birthplace of yoga. I have been planning this t...