Tuesday 2 February 2010

Check Mate


I acquired this dress by default last Thursday.
I had been to Liverpool for a Train 2000 meeting and was on my way back to the train station.
As I walked along the crowded street a man came behind me.
"Hello," he said.
I made the fatal error of returning the greeting.
He then started asking my name and I just couldn't shake him off.
I looked to my right and saw the words "70% off" in the French Connection shop window.
It was a welcome relief and a double whammy.
I had escaped my stalker and spotted the sale I would have otherwise missed.
I came out with this bargain dress for just £25 - reduced from more than £60.
And a great big Brucie bonus was my stalker was nowhere to be seen.
Another great reason why shopping is really very good for you.
I wore:
French Connection dress
Cardigan - Tesco
Jeans - Gap
Boots - Clarks
Necklace - Next

11 comments:

  1. I am so glad I am not the only one that can hear clothes speaking to her.... :)
    I am so glad to see you are back and looking great !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, funny story. That can be very tiresome and/or intimidating, but you made the best of it and got a new dress to boot! I love it.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay to the stalker and spotting sales. I love your dress. Everytime you wear it, you'll be reminded of the stalker. hahaha! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! At least this ended on a good note. Stalker..yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on capturing the dress and getting rid of the stalker!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great dress...sorry about the stalker though. I hate it when people give off weird vibes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely buy - looks great with the jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jane, the pattern on that dress is magnificent. I adore it! Oh, and your stalker story made me giggle... :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a funny story - I guess it was just meant to be! I LOVE the pattern of that dress - and the shape looks wonderful with the length of the cardigan.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha very funny - in the end! I'm sticking to my no frittering which is going well.

    ReplyDelete

First 24 Hours in India

  Ten years after qualifying as a yoga teacher I finally realised a dream - to travel to the birthplace of yoga. I have been planning this t...