Tuesday 13 April 2010

Hallelujah!


Have you seen those scenes in films where a mircale man places his hand on the sick and tells them to get up and walk?
Something similar happened to me - well to my son - today.
Two weeks ago we got a call to say that Joe, 15, had broken his arm on the ski trip with school.
He spent the rest of the holiday and the past week in a sling.
Today we got our appointment at the local Fracture Clinic.
"You have not broken you arm. Take the sling off. Move it. You wouldn't be able to do all that if you had broken your arm," said the consultant.
Although an appointment for a scan was made - just to be certain - Joe was back in tact.
It turns out that the space in the bone was a "growing space" (whatever that means) and not a fracture.
It is possible he has some soft tissue damage but that is all.
Joe is a keen and talented sportsman and the thought of being unable to take part in any contact sports had made him miserable.
For Joe today's news is a miracle.
For me I have an extra pair of hands to walk the dog - Hallelujah!

Today I wore:
Shoes - Clarks
Skirt - Principles
Vest - Gap
Necklace - Primark

14 comments:

  1. yay for great news! I bet Joe is very happy :)

    And a double yay for a super pretty skirt!! (love this look)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great news!

    I love your spring outfit - that skirt is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's fantastic. So pleased for you both.

    Loving your outfit - really rockabilly. And where have you been finding 50p sandals? Your Oxfam sounds loads cheaper than mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for Joe! I like your outfit a lot but is would be too chilly for our weather today. I guess we are having a late spring.

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful news! I'll quote you: Hallelujah!
    BTW - another great outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent! Isn't it great when the doctor is wrong? I'm happy your son has his freedom again!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's great to get good news, specially from doctors !
    This is such a pretty, lady, chic, sailor color outfit.... I can feel the warm sun just by looking at you !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Who said 13 was an unlucky number? Well done for checking the diagnosis.

    As usual, love the dress, but agree it would be far too chilly for me. I'm back in wintery layers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing miracle indeed!
    Can you do the same for me take me to the doctors and then I'll come out thinner!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great news!! I love your skirt!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This outfit is lovely! The stripes and the pop of color in the shoes is great! Good thing on the good news too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your spring outfit - that skirt is great!

    ReplyDelete

First 24 Hours in India

  Ten years after qualifying as a yoga teacher I finally realised a dream - to travel to the birthplace of yoga. I have been planning this t...