Wednesday 4 April 2012

Waiting For A Sunny Day

The weather had already turned.
Normal service had resumed: sleet, wind and rain.
But I couldn't resist this ray of sunshone on the rails at H & M.
As soon as I saw this fabric I knew I had to have this dress.
In 2005 I bought a silver top (pictured) made out of the same fabric and which I have worn to death.
It is perfect for holidays.
It never creases and you can't go wrong with metallics.
Even better the price: an unbelievable £14.99 for a dress.
I wore the dress with my new "free" booties from Clarks.
Last winter I bought these black boots but the zip went on them.
I took them back and they gave me a full credit refund for the cost of the boots.
I chose these booties and these lovely summer sandals.
I was so impressed with the customer service.
A full refund and they did it with a smile on their face.
Five stars to Clarks.
I wore the dress for dinner at my friend Denise's home.
Denise is an excellent cook and despite having three carnivores, two vegetarians and a vegan she made an excellent meal.
Cauliflower and Cumin Soup with Bruschetta for starters; Basque Chicken/Quorn for mains and ice cream/vegan version for pudding.
There is nothing better than dinner with friends you haven't seen for a while.

I wore:
Dress: H & M
Booties: Clarks

6 comments:

  1. This is one gorgeous dress. You look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress is stunning. And its suits you perfectly.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a fabulous dress! You are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw this dress on the H&M site - and could not believe the price :)
    Nicely worn - i adore that big chunky necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jane--what a gorgeous dress! I know that I've had goldish items on my mind for a couple of months. Mostly, I searching for gold nail polish for my toes! I'm amazed by the excellent service you received from Clarke's.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely dress, you look so good!
    Don't you just love it when companies have great customer service? Makes life a little easier and more pleasant, so well done Clarks! xx

    ReplyDelete

First 24 Hours in India

  Ten years after qualifying as a yoga teacher I finally realised a dream - to travel to the birthplace of yoga. I have been planning this t...