Tuesday 12 June 2012

Birthday Shop




Today my darling daughter, Briony, is 15.
It will be very difficult to get a photograph as she hates me taking snaps nowadays.
But on the left is one taken a few weeks ago when we visited by brother and his family.
My brother also shares her birthday and there have been several years when we have celebrated together.

The photo on the right was taken on her seventh birthday when she was more than happy to pose.

Briony was born at home on the day she was due,  June 12th 1997 at 6pm. 
I spent most of the two hour labour in the bath as the gas and air did not work.
My older two children, then six and two, were having tea at a friends house around the corner.
This snapshot was taken just before they arrived home


This year I treated her to some new clothes for her birthday and on Saturday we spent the day shopping in Liverpool where she got some shoes from Office, some tops from Zara and River Island, a faux leather jacket from Warehouse and some jeans from Miss Selfridge.

We are almost the same height and size now which means that both of us have the capacity to double our wardrobes.

Next year she will be 16 and I imagine her birthday trip will include shopping for her Prom.

I can't wait!






For the shopping trip I wore:
Leggings - Tesco
Boots - Clarks
Top - Small boutique in our village
Necklace - Principles.


10 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to Briony! You have a gorgeous girl! And well done for having a home birth, must have been a very special experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to your daughter! Some gorgeous pictures there and just like my June birthday posts, its great to feature this stuff on the blog to see for ever xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful name befitting a beautiful girl. Aren't we lucky to have daughters?

    And any distraction from the wet weather is welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happiest of birthdays to your gorgeous daughter Briony!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A belated happy birthday to Briony. I hope she had a good one. Thats the lovely thing with girls you get to do such nice things with them.

    Loving your top by the way.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy birthday to her! kids grow up so fast...my 12 year old is taller than me already and wears my clothes! love yout outfit with the tall boots!

    [oomph.]
    Win a FREE pair of glasses from Firmoo

    ReplyDelete
  7. That picture of her when she was 7 looks like you today !
    I cannot believe you had her at home Jane - wao :)
    Happy birthday to your "little" girl.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I for all timе emailеd thіѕ
    weblog post pagе to all my contaсts, аs if like tо
    reаd it then my contaсts will too.
    Check out my site ... diva birthday party supplies

    ReplyDelete

First 24 Hours in India

  Ten years after qualifying as a yoga teacher I finally realised a dream - to travel to the birthplace of yoga. I have been planning this t...