Thursday 7 June 2012

Happy Birthday Dad


It would have been my dad's 76th  birthday on June 6th.
It is the second birthday we have had to celebrate without him.
I thought the first year of firsts after his death would be the hardest but it doesn't seem right to have a June 6th without my dad here laughing, joking and teasing my mum.
Little things get me like when I am walking the dog and I see a man of his height and shape in the distance.
I know I am not the only one because our dog starts to wag his tail too.
When I am running my favourite route through the pinewoods I remember when he would cycle by my side.
But most of all when I see my mum's eyes mist over and know that however hard it is for me it so much worse for her.
As exasperating as he could be, he was the love of her life.
Tonight we will write messages on our Chinese lanterns and send them up to the heavens.
Wherever you are dad, Happy Birthday.


I wore:
Trainers: Converse
Trousers: Top Shop
Blouse: Boden (thrifted)

5 comments:

  1. You look so much like your lovely Dad! He's still with you smiling down and watching over you. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure he's keeping an eye on you all as you wish him happy birthday.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that photo of you with your dad. I'm sorry you are all missing him so much. He'd be very proud of you. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I think I know how you feel. My dad passed in 2004 and even now, I catch myself thinking of him and sometimes even talking out loud to him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the idea of writing your thoughts on the lanterns. As long as our loved ones are in our memories they are still with us in a sense.

    Darla

    ReplyDelete

First 24 Hours in India

  Ten years after qualifying as a yoga teacher I finally realised a dream - to travel to the birthplace of yoga. I have been planning this t...