Tuesday 10 July 2012

Way Back From Wimbledon July 9th

I did mention that my youngest son loved the coach trip as it reminded him of the TV programme Coach Trip.
There was our 76-year-old tour guide Maureen from Blackpool who couldn't resist cracking a joke or three during her regular updates of where we were going.
Her sidekick - driver Jim.
And the quizzes.
"Are we having another quiz Maureen?" replaced the usual "Are We There Yet?" from Ben who, apart from Briony, was the only other coach trip member under 45.
I think the average age was 65.
After the final we were whisked back to a hotel in Surrey which, despite a series of terrible reviews on TripAdvisor proved to be clean and comfortable.
By the time we got there we were so tired we didn't care.
The following morning we had breakfast and were driven to Windsor for a three hour sightseeing trip before finally arriving home at 9.30pm.

Although it wasn't my usual idea of a weekend away I have to admit it was great fun and a lovely opportunity for us to spend some family time together - another deposit in the family memory bank.


I think we are already planning a return trip next year.
I just hope Maureen is still working.

I wore:
Shoes - Clarks (31)
Jeans - Zara (15)
White Vest - Gap (5)
White Shirt - Boden (4)
Scarf

1 comment:

  1. I'm catching up. Sounds like a great trip, so much fun to see you and some of your family.

    Darla

    ReplyDelete

First 24 Hours in India

  Ten years after qualifying as a yoga teacher I finally realised a dream - to travel to the birthplace of yoga. I have been planning this t...