Friday 19 April 2013

Academic Chic


A few years ago I used to follow a blog called academic chic whereby three stylish academics took turns to post their thoughts on style.
I learnt a lot about the world of academia and their lives.
Sadly the blog ended but you can still find it online.


This week I have been at a Teachers' Conference in Cambridge and it has been an education on life, style and tradition.
I stayed at Magdalene College and we were entertained with a candelit dinner in the dining hall on the first night and on the second evening we enjoyed dinner at High Table and drinks in the Senior Combination Room served by the junior fellows .
Wow - how the other half live!


It was like a cross between Brideshead Revisited and Hogwarts.
This post has been made using my iPhone so it is a  bit rough but wanted to share some snaps with you.

 
Have a lovely weekend.

8 comments:

  1. I've never been to Cambridge but a good friend was at Oxford University and I spent many a riotous weekend crashing parties! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jane,
    beautiful pics! The buildings and the rooms look so venerable and in contrary the river and the bridge so lovely and fresh. And you look cute in your striped shirt and your new red pants.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i use to read that blog too!
    you are looking lovely Jane - that trench is great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your stripes and trench are so classic. Perfect for a little getaway...even if it is for a work related purpose....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely place ! I never go there but we take the boat next friday to go to London ! I love your jacket !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds amazing! Love the Trench, it looks like my new Gap one x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it probably is the same ones - it's from Gap too.
      The tropusers were £7 in the Tesco sale.

      Delete

First 24 Hours in India

  Ten years after qualifying as a yoga teacher I finally realised a dream - to travel to the birthplace of yoga. I have been planning this t...