Sunday 22 September 2013

The Enchanted Wood



Summer has come back this weekend.


I had planned to go shopping for a winter coat but a walk in the woods was more appealing.


I just love the way the light filters though the trees.
It reminds me of my favourite childhood book, The Enchanted Wood.


The blackberries were ripe and ready for picking.


I have never seen so many mushrooms.


Sadly, I do not know much about mushroom picking and wasn't taking any chances.




But don't they look amazing?


Here's Paul's birthday T-shirt.
"Old Guys Rule."

I wore:
26. Floral Shirt - Zara
5. Blue Skinnies - Gap
27> Jumper - Boden

9 comments:

  1. I've been doing a bit of blackberry picking today. Sadly the Indian Summer we've been promised this weekend didn't happen down my end xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea to spent such a wonderful day in the enchanted wood! It really looks like a magic place. Shopping can wait until rainy days are coming. You look fabulous in your summerly floral blouse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you had a lovely walk in the woods. I love blackberry picking and making jam. The weather has been gorgeous hasn't it? I hope it lasts a bit longer! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's what life's all about!

    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely weather in our parts as well; it's true, shopping cannot beat going out for a walk. Weekend of birthday celebrations for us, so lots of garden partying :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's fantastic, but, being the eternal optimist won't give up on Summer until at laest mid-October! Lovely nature photos. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the photos, a walk in the woods is infinitely more fun than shopping for a winter coat - plenty of time for that when it gets colder!
    Wasn't the weather gorgeous this weekend? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful woods. Isn't it exciting when you get one more day or two of summer when you least expect it?

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful.... oh did you have blackberries?

    ReplyDelete

First 24 Hours in India

  Ten years after qualifying as a yoga teacher I finally realised a dream - to travel to the birthplace of yoga. I have been planning this t...