Sunday 4 May 2014

End of an Era


If I am looking a little pensive it's because today marks the end of an era.
My husband and son have quit the football team they have been involved with for the past 7 years.
My son, Ben, as a player.
And my husband, Paul, as a manager.
Ben has decided he wants to follow his big brother, Sam and become a referee.
Last month he qualified as a referee and will spend the next football season officiating, rather than playing games.
My husband decided it would be a timely opportunity to leave too.
He has been managing junior football for more than 10 years as he managed my other son, Joe's team before Ben's.


Here's one final snapshot of the under 14's who have been together since they were 7.
The team will go on without Ben and Paul.
Although Ben's friend, Rob was unable to play since February due to a broken leg we managed to get him on the team photo.
Sadly, they lost 2-0 in their last match, a cup final yesterday.
Having said that, I think it would have been much harder for Ben to leave if they'd won!



I wore:
Shoes - Clarks
Trousers - Gap
Shirt - Tesco
Top - Boden

3 comments:

  1. A perfect outfit for a spring football match. Always sad when kids grow up and things change xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look well turned out for the game. Sounds like both your husband and son have made changes that suit them.

    Darla

    ReplyDelete

First 24 Hours in India

  Ten years after qualifying as a yoga teacher I finally realised a dream - to travel to the birthplace of yoga. I have been planning this t...